Wet Dust Collectors for Safety in the Workplace
In simplest terms, OSHA defines combustible dusts as fine particles that present an explosion hazard when suspended in air under certain conditions. The Wetrex wet dust collector system from Airex Industries takes the collection of highly explosive and reactive dust to a level of highest efficiency. Dust particles are separated out by saturating the air stream with a vortex of water.
High efficiency paired with simplicity of design means that your workplace can meet OSHA and NFPA regulatory standards for dust removal and still enjoy low maintenance requirements. We've got the solution for you with wet dust collector systems available in ducted units, downdraft tables, and environmental booths.
What are the advantages of a Wet Dust Collector over a Dry Dust Collector?
If you aren't sure about which wet collection system is best for you just give Industrial Maid a call at 855-752-5043 and speak to a wet dust collection expert about your application.
- Worker safety is the number one reason for using Wet Dust Collection Systems. Sadly, history has proven that dry dust collectors, used under a combination of certain conditions, do catch on fire and in some cases explode. All that is needed for a fire is combustible dust, a grinding spark and air. If the concentration of dust is high enough, and the resulting dust cloud is confined, you have the 5 elements needed for an explosion.
- Units can be place inside.
- Savings - Recirculating filtered air means you save on heating and cooling bills.
- Savings - No compressed air needed.
- And More Savings - No replacement filters.
For easy reference we have included links to published guidelines, regulations and other information regarding the safe handling of combustible dust in the workplace:
OSHA - Fact Sheet
OSHA - Hazard Communication Guidance for Combustible Dust
OSHA - Directive Combustible Dust National Emphasis Program CPL 03-00-008
OSHA - Combustible Dust in Industry: Preventing and Mitigating the Effects of Fire and Explosions
OSHA - Combustible Dust Poster